Summer will be here before you know it and now is a good time to prepare for those Summer Reading lists!
One of the best places to find summer reading resources is your local library. I can't say enough about library programs; they are awesome!
In the past, we've attended many fun programs at Anne Arundel County Library. We loved the Babies in Bloom program as well as the summer reading prizes!
Since we've moved to PA, we'll be checking out Summer Reading Club at Chester County Library. It starts in June so hopefully we'll see updated info this month.
Here is a list of other programs and resources to help you get started:
Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program:
Step 1. Fill out the Summer Reading Triathlon Reading Journal (PDF).
Step 2. Bring the completed Reading Journal to your local B&N store between May 17 and September 6, 2016 Find a Store.
Step 3. Choose a FREE BOOK from the selection on the Reading Journal list at the store... Enjoy reading!
Free books to choose from:
GRADES 1 & 2
- Detective Camp (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #1)
- DK Readers Level 1: Jungle Animals
- Dr. Seuss: The Great Doodler
- Jorge el curioso: El puesto de limonada
- Mercy Watson to the Rescue
- Pete the Cat: Scuba-Cat
- Pinkalicious and Planet Pink
- Stowaway!(Puppy Pirates Series #1)
- The Thrills and Chills of Amusement Parks
- The Bell Bandit (The Lemonade War Series #3)
- Escape From Mr. Lemoncello’s Library
- I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (I Survived Series #2)
- Justice League vs. Bizarro League(LEGO®DC Comics™ Super Heroes Series)
- My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish
- Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great
- Stuart Little
- The Bravest Princess
- Esperanza renace
- Lea Dives In
- The Night Gardener
- President of the Whole Fifth Grade
- Story Thieves (Story Thieves Series #1)
- Travel Team
Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge
Step 1: Register on Scholastic's Be A Reading Superhero site.
Step 2: Read & log your minutes and get virtual prizes
Step 3: Enter to win awesome prizes from Klutz in the Summer Sweepstakes
Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Summer Reading with Candlewick Press
Lots of great free printables with book lists, calendars, activities and book themed kits!
Chuck E. Cheese Reading Incentive Chart
Step 1: Download the Reading Reward Chart
Step 2: Track your child's reading progress for two weeks
Step 3: Bring in your chart to Chuck E. Cheese and receive 10 tokens (with food purchase)
Sylvan's Book Adventure Program
Step 1: Register as a parent or child
Step 2: Find titles to read on your child's grade level (recommended summer reading list also provided)
Step 3: Have your child take quizzes about books that are available and earn points toward prizes
Happy Summer Reading!