This summer I was invited to be a VIP blogger for a new line of collectable dolls called The Beatrix Girls. As a big doll fan, I'm excited to get to share these amazing girls with my readers before they come out in stores Oct. 14th!
These are not your average 12" dolls. They are not only cute and fashionable, they are also musicians with distinct personalities.
These dolls live and interact in the human world—producing real music, real hits, and real fans. Kids can collect their music, join their fan club, and vicariously live the fantasy of being a pop-star through play.
The girls have a fun website featuring their individual bios, original pop music and videos about their adventures.
Meet The Beatrix Girls:
• Brayden: “Hey, I’m Brayden: I was born in Hollywood California and my brain is always bursting with new song ideas, which is why I’m not just the lead guitarist but also the main song writer for The Beatrix Girls. I write songs that reflect real life experiences, friendship, and lessons like standing up for who you are. My passions are music and the environment! My friends and I are the hottest act in the world, but most importantly, we are great friends who care about each other and the world around us. I love to dress in stylish minis, sky-high heels and lots of jewelry. I mix those with geometric prints, clashing patterns and lots of soft bold metallic and leather. My style is different and edgy with a cross-over appeal.”
• Ainsley: “Hi. I’m Ainsley and I’m from the deep-south, but I’m definitely not a typical southern girl. I am a charming southern belle and can be quiet as a church mouse when we sip mint juleps together on the porch, but put me behind a drum set and I turn into a Riot Grrrl. My passion for drumming, coupled with a lot of hard work, got me the gig with my three best friends, as the drummer for The Beatrix Girls! I love the “modern antique” look. I favor rich, feminine fabrics like laces, florals and brocades cut into modern silhouettes that highlight my figure. I channel classic Southern Belle with my corsets hats and gloves, but I’m thoroughly modern in how I put it all together.”
• Lark: “I’m from Boston, okay? I live my life by three B’s: Beans, BoSox and Bass Guitar. Now I’ve added a fourth B... Beatrix. Aside from my love of music, I LOVE extreme sports - surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding - I’m a champ! I’m often referred to as the “rocker chick” of the group. I’m a bit grungy, a little bit punk. My passion for sports and music has not only won me many competitions, but it earned me my spot as the lead bass player with my three best friends! I like layers and ripped up jeans by day, and by night I like appropriating boys’ looks into feminine hot outfits. Combat boots with frilly dresses, skinny jeans with suspenders, sneakers with everything. I avoid pinks and other bright colors, but then again, with my fiery hair, I don’t need much color from my clothes.”
• Chantal: “I am Chantal and I come from Montreal Canada. I speak Français and English. I play the keyboard and sing. People say I’m “mellow”, logical and level headed, but I am often... “bent out of shape”... by the silly things people say and do. When this happens I am likely to “flip out.” I love to play the piano and sing, and I work very hard at both. I’m a snappy dresser and typically stick to the classics. I love the clean, mod look of the 50s. I like to wear soft, subtle silk blouses and dark, tight, Capri type pants or mini skirts with fishnet stockings. I like high heeled shoes, but not too spiky. I like to wear my silver bracelets and a slinky silver necklace.”
We were sent red-haired beauty Lark who plays the Bass guitar. The guitar is not included with the doll; I imagine accessory packs will be available after they hit stores.
These dolls are recommended for ages 4-6+. Since my daughter is a little below that age group but loves playing with "big girl" dolls, I removed the small pieces (bangle bracelet & shoes).
Lark has big green eyes, a spunky layered haircut, freckles, and wears a stylish tutu-style dress over leggings and high heeled boots. You'll notice right away that her head is very large in comparison to her body, but that is what makes these dolls so unique. Lark's jointed arms and legs bend and twist in a way I haven't seen on other 12" dolls, allowing you to put her in lots of different positions.
The Attic Baby was so excited to play with Lark! She undressed her, dressed her again, played with her very long layered hair, and put her in a doll car to ride all over the living room. After play, we checked out the website and my almost-three-year-old music loving girl was enamored with The Beatrix Girls.
Your girls are sure to adore these dolls that teach
The Beatrix Girls will be available in October 2013 in major retail stores like: Toys R’ Us and Justice for $24.99.
Follow The Beatrix Girls and Sign Up for Their Newsletter for the latest news:
• Facebook: facebook.com/TheBeatrixGirls
• Twitter: twitter.com/thebeatrixgirls
• Pinterest: pinterest.com/thebeatrixgirls/
• YouTube: youtube.com/user/TheBeatrixGirls
One reader will win a Beatrix Girl doll of their choice (depending on availability)
Just use the Rafflecopter form below. You must be a US resident 18 or older to enter. You must complete each task entirely or your entries will not count.
This giveaway is not in any way associated with or endorsed by Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. Giveaway Ends 10/15/13 at 12:01 AM EST. US Residents **18 and older** only may enter. One entry per household and IP address. Winner will be drawn using random.org and will have **48 hrs** to respond to email or another winner will be chosen. Entries are verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. The Attic Girl is not responsible/liable for prize delivery.
Disclosure: I am a Beatrix Girls VIP Blogger and received a doll for review purposes. No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own. Thanks to the Beatrix Girls for providing the Giveaway prize. For more info. see my Disclosure Policy.